Hey all,
Well, after a long (very long) hiatus, I'm back. And boy has it been a long one. Over the past couple of weeks, University has finished for the year, which now means that I am no longer a second year, and now onto my third and final year (yay!!!). I have also moved back home for the next 4 months, (and currently seeking work). So during this time, I am hoping to post some more blog reviews, and maybe even practice my script-writing by churning out some scripts. Who knows. But for now, let's get onto our first review for the next 4 months, "30 Rock".
How have I not seen this show till now?! "30 Rock" revolves around the everyday life of Liz Lemon (played by Tina Fey), as she deals with being the head writer of a live variety program called "The Girly Show". However, her world is turned upside down when the new network executive Jack Donaghy (played by Alec Baldwin) decides to interfere with her show, and tweak it, a bit. One of the 'improvements' is introducing the very eccentric and unpredictable Tracy Jordan (played by Tracy Morgan) into the cast, which provides disastrous, but hilarious results.
I have been watching "30 Rock" over the past couple of days, and may I just say, I have been laughing non-stop. As I want to make it into the TV industry as a writer, this show really appeals to me, as it focuses mainly on the writers, and the many conflicts that can arise. I feel it also provides me with a first hand look into how they create different TV episodes in the industry.
Each episode mainly focuses on the lead character Liz Lemon, who is played by Tina Fey. Now, Tina Fey portrays the characters amazingly. The very mannerisms and habits that are associated with Liz, Tina flawlessly handles it, by never changing the way the character acts. Sure, she changes a little, as she learns more about life from Jack, but she still withholds her little clicks every single time. The same goes for Jack Donaghy, played by Alec Baldwin. Jack is a brash, rather cocky character who always seems to look down upon Liz Lemon and constantly interferes with her life, and Alec, like Tina, plays it amazingly. From his serious, quiet voice, to his rather condescending laughs, Alec's portrayal of Jack Donaghy just seems to good to be true.
"30 Rock" is a wonderful view into the TV industry. Granted, I have never been in a real-life TV studio, however, upon viewing "30 Rock", I am beginning to have a fair understanding of what to expect. Each episode is crafted beautifully, with a different story, which provides a certain twist every time. The characters are each uniquely awesome and the actors who respectively portray them are superb. Overall, I give "30 Rock" an 8/10. Whilst it is amazing, some characters really peeve me off. And in some scenarios, it lacked a bit of comic relief. But all in all, it is a must see for those interested, studying, or working in the TV industry.
Well then, I hope you have all enjoyed my review of "30 Rock". Sorry about the very long absence, but I have been rather busy, and been lacking some content to write about. But don't worry, as there will be more to come over the next 4 months. I promise. So stay tuned. =)
David. Out.
No comments:
Post a Comment