Welcome to a new addition to my blog, which I like to call, Mega-Countdown Monday! I know how dreary Mondays can be, so I'm going to try and spice it up a notch, by posting up a new countdown every week. These countdowns can range from greatest sporting games, to worst horror films. The list is endless. So let's get this thing running. And what better way to start it off than with a video game, film crossover. Let's countdown the worst video game to film adaptations. Films that had potential. If they followed the same structure from the video games, of course.
5
LARA CROFT: TOMB RAIDER
![]() |
| While Jolie does have the sex appeal of Lara Croft, it just doesn't make up for the shocking movie. |
It's sad for me to put this up here. As a fan of the games, I must say that it was rather disappointing. Sure, Angelina Jolie seemed to look like Lara Croft. But the real question was, can she BE Lara Croft. Short answer: no. As the way of the movie, it was a total lackluster. Not enough action, within the action sequences (ironic, huh?). The plot was confusing and downright unbelievable. Fair to say, the idea for this film had so much potential. If only they took a step back, and had a real, hard look at what direction they were heading in, then MAYBE it could've been saved.
4
RESIDENT EVIL
RESIDENT EVIL
![]() |
| It's got guns, sex appeal and zombies. How could they possibly stuff it up?! |
Another game that had potential. Potential to succeed. Although 'Resident Evil' may be thought of as a fairly easy genre (cliched zombies mixed with horror genre), you would think that it would be good, right? Uh uh. Somehow, it just didn't work. With another confusing plot, and hard to believe acting/story line, 'Resident Evil' just didn't live up to expectations. But of course, that didn't stop them from making more sequels, each worse than the last. What is up with that?
3
DOOM
DOOM
![]() |
| It just didn't live up to expectations. So much potential, so little patience |
I am very disappointed with this game. More along the lines of it's plot direction. Apart from being on the planet Mars, and the short little first person sequence near the end, there is no homage to the game, whatsoever. The story line is shocking, and the acting is none too better either. What could've made this game ever better is if they upped the ante by introducing more action scenes, more monster killings, if it wasn't so dark (lighting wise), and if they changed the plot, and stuck with the game's story line (the monster's were from hell, not a virus outbreak).
2
STREET FIGHTER
![]() |
| I, just. Don't. Ok. Just, don't do a sequel. Or a remake. Or air it on TV. Just, don't. |
Ok, this one is, ridiculous. First of all, when I think of 'Street Fighter', I don't think of it as having a story associated with it. I just think of, insert coins, select your character, FIGHT. How they came up with a story for this is unbelievable. And, just like the rest of the movies on this list, it is terrible. On top of the unbelievable story line is the horrible acting. No amount of Aussie actress, Kylie Minogue, starring as Cammy could save this shock piece.
1
SUPER MARIO BROS.
![]() |
| Why?! Why did you have to do this?! Quickly, avert your eyes. |
Words cannot explain the sheer disappointment with this film. As a true Mario fan, I can say, without a doubt that this is, terrible. I cringe everytime it's mentioned. Needless to say, it is shocking, what with the horrible story (the Mario Bros., situated in, Brooklyn?) and the awkward scenarios. Although, it did rather well for best costumes, and the flashy sets, it's just, confusing. Why didn't they just stick with the game's story line, and have it located in the Mushroom Kingdom. And for god's sake, pay a homage to the game by making Bowser, well, Bowser.
Well there we have it. The first Mega-Countdown Monday over and done with. I hope you enjoyed reading it. Do you agree with this list? Is there a film that should be up there? Or is there one that shouldn't? Feel free to voice your opinion by leaving a comment below. Till then, stay tuned for more awesome and exciting posts. In the meantime, have a great day and take care.
Davo. Out.





No comments:
Post a Comment