Hey all,
Welcome back to the start of another week, and of course, the start of another blog entry. I hope you have all enjoyed your weekend, and have used it productively. And I hope that everyone in N.S.W has enjoyed the pubic holiday today. Because I know I have. Moving on, over the weekend, I would like to say I have been productive, but then that would be a big, fat lie. In retrospect, I have done practically jack all, and instead caught up with the Emmy award winning show, 'Breaking Bad'.
'Breaking Bad' is, in a nutshell, Amazing!!! It tells the story of a High School chemistry teacher, called Walter White. Walter has always been good, and never done anything against the law. However, that all changes when he realizes that he has been diagnosed with lung cancer. Now facing this new revelation, and the real horror of what might happen to his family after he passes away, Walter decides to join up with an ex-student, now turned drug addict and dealer, Jesse Pinkman, in cooking up crystal meth with him, in order to provide enough money for his family.
The story layout of 'Breaking Bad' is fantastic. Every single episode, there is a moment that keeps you on the edge of your seat. A moment, where you can feel the heart rise to the back of your throat. Moments where you truly care for the characters, and the decisions that they make, be it stupid or smart. Series creator, Vince Gilligan, has done a fine job indeed. The layouts for each episode, is nicely conceived. There are no kinks. There are no 'When did that happen?' moments. And what's amazing is how each episode is nicely able to tie in with the previous and the next, but still maintain it's original details. It doesn't tail over, and start joining any other episodes. Each story line for 'Breaking Bad' is, in a way of saying, a true masterpiece worthy of the ages.
The cast and characters for 'Breaking Bad' are fantastic. Each actor is nicely paired up with their corresponding character, and they suit them, like a glove. Bryan Cranston, who plays Walter White, is unbelievable. It's hard to believe, that Bryan used to play the father of Malcolm, from 'Malcolm in the Middle'. Walter turns from being a docile chemistry teacher, to a gun-toting, drug cooker over the seasons. And Bryan plays the role amazingly, with the transition of Walter's personality played out slowly, so as not to cause confusion. Among other characters are; Walt's drug partner Jesse Pinkman (Aaron Paul), Walt's wife Skylar White (Anna Gunn) and many others to name a few. All of whom play their roles beautifully, thus making their characters very believable.
In essence, 'Breaking Bad' is a masterpiece of a show. The true raw, and power of the stories of each episode. The different characters portrayals. The look and feel, of how the drug world works. 'Breaking Bad' has truly become one of the great TV shows of the decade. Overall, I give it a 9.5/10. Whilst it is amazing (amazingly amazing), there are slight moments, when you really hate some characters. But all in all, it is a beautiful piece of Television, and I highly advise anyone who has not seen it, to go and watch it now, and see for yourself.
Thank you for reading my little review on 'Breaking Bad'. I hope you have enjoyed reading about it, and hope you continue to follow, and read more of my entries in the near future. In the meantime, take care. Oh, and also, if Vince Gilligan is reading this by any chance, by all means, please contact me, so you can teach me how to write an awesome TV show like 'Breaking Bad'.
David. Out.
No comments:
Post a Comment