Well, I'm assuming that most of you may have been reading my little spill/rant about Reality Cooking Shows (may have overplayed it). So let's move away from the reality side of Television, and discuss a genre of TV that has been around for ages. Crime shows. There are a number of different crime shows available on our TV screens. From the basic, 'case-file' shows, such as 'CSI' or 'Law and Order', to the more drama oriented shows, such as 'Underbelly'. With all these different crime shows on Television (too many to actually count) it does beg the question. Are there too many of these Crime shows on TV today? My answer: Yes.
![]() |
| After all the 'Underbelly' shows, it really has got me worried about the safety of Australia. |
While I do enjoy watching some crime shows, there are some that I think that might be over-killing the genre. Some crime shows I do enjoy watching more than others ('Underbelly', 'The Mentalist'), there are others that I just think to myself, when it will it end? I mean, think about it. Sooner or later, a case file is going to pop up on some crime show, that will appear to be very similar to another case file that was on a totally different crime show. I mean, how will they avoid that sort of scenario. To be quite honest, I believe it will be inevitable. But let's move on from that little debacle, and discuss something that I would like to see.
![]() |
| What with the great writing, and Simon Baker's acting, 'The Mentalist' is a fine example of a good Crime Series |
Just the other day, I was sitting at home, watching some crime series (to be honest, I forgot which one), whilst at the same time I was on 'Facebook' on my phone. And then suddenly, it got me thinking. Is there a crime show out there that utilizes the social network? Social networking is slowly starting to become a way of life for most people, so why aren't we taking advantage of that? I would like to see one day, a crime series that takes advantage of social networking, by implementing it in the show. Now, I'm not saying that the episode should be live. In fact, the episode is already made, and the 'killer' has already been decided. However, there is a poll that the audience can engage in whilst watching at home, and they can guess who the 'killer' is.
There won't be any prizes for the winner, as it will be based primarily on a poll. No, all the audience will receive is bragging rights at the end of the show. I don't want to see any twitter updates by fans appearing on the screen, as it will take the focus away from the TV. If anything, it would be good, if they could update the viewers, by showing them a current view on the poll before the ad break. To partake in the poll though, I think that it would be helpful if there was also a corresponding smartphone application, which directly linked the viewer to the website/poll. That way, it would be much easier to access, rather than going on the computer to access it. I believe that this is a great way to draw in new audiences, as the viewers will want to participate in the polling and guess the 'killer'.
So, I hope you all enjoyed my little post about Crime Shows, and my new little crime show idea. I believe it will be a big hit. Not quite sure what the rest of Australia or the world thinks. But, you know, just my personal opinion/view. Do you agree with me, and reckon it will be a big hit? Comment below and tell us what you think. But for now, stay tuned for more awesome and exciting posts in the next coming days. Till then, have a safe and wonderful day.
Davo. Out.


No comments:
Post a Comment