I hope you all party hard last night. And herald in the new year with all your family or friends. But, what can we expect from 2014? Can we expect a bumper year? A year that trumps 2013 by a long-shot? Well, we won't know till we find out. But what we do know is all the new upcoming surprises in the way of TV, video games and movies. So let's see what 2014 has in store for us, shall we?
TELEVISION
2014 is set to be a killer of a year for Australian Television. One show that I'm sure is set to be a ratings hit this year, is the return of the 'Underbelly' series. This season's 'Underbelly' is finally taken back to the era of Tony Mokbel and Carl Williams. Where 'Underbelly' was first conceived. I am looking forward to this, as I'm sure it will out-do the previous seasons. Another return is the long awaited 'Sherlock' season 4. Season 3 of 'Sherlock' left us with a real cliffhanger, that shocked a lot of viewers. And now, almost 2 years later, we finally witness the aftermath of it. But of course, what all the hype that has been building up for over the past couple of weeks, what with all the advertisements and what not, is the Sochi Winter Olympic Games. I can say one thing for the Olympics televising, and that is they make some pretty good advertisements.
Of course, there is one show that I'm desperately looking forward to. And that is the brand new season of Game of Thrones. As with all the other seasons, I reckon this season is sure to pull out some awesome moves in the way of story-telling, acting, design and of course their presentation. So brace yourselves. Game of Thrones is coming.
Of course, there is one show that I'm desperately looking forward to. And that is the brand new season of Game of Thrones. As with all the other seasons, I reckon this season is sure to pull out some awesome moves in the way of story-telling, acting, design and of course their presentation. So brace yourselves. Game of Thrones is coming.
![]() |
| Sherlock and Watson make their way back onto our screens this year. Elementary, my dear Watson |
VIDEO GAMES
Get ready. 2014 is set to dish out the video games this year. And personally, I am very keen for them. A prime example of one the games I am looking forward to next year is the newest installment in the popular 'Super Smash Bros.' franchise, 'Super Smash Bros. for Wii U and 3DS'. Finally, after years of waiting, can finally take 'Super Smash Bros.' on the go with me. As a fan of the series (and an expert player) I have followed the series since obtaining it on the Nintendo 64. And over the years, the gameplay hasn't changed. But one of the biggest improvements in this installment is the introduction of 4 new playable characters; Mega-Man, the Wii Fit Trainer, the Villager from 'Animal Crossing' and Rosalina from 'Super Mario Galaxy'. With this all-star line-up, this version is set to be a killer of a game.
Another new game that I am eagerly looking forward to is the open-world game, 'Watch Dogs'. 'Watch Dogs' is, how should I describe it, like 'Grand Theft Auto', but with social networking. After being pushed back from it's initial release date back in November, 2013, 'Watch Dogs' is starting to show true potential when it comes to open-world gaming, as you play with the ability to access and hack into all things to do with technology. Such as, disabling phones, hacking into the traffic light system, and lowering a drawbridge. The sky is truly limit with 'Watch Dogs'. So bring it on!
![]() |
| Get ready to hack your way through this game, as online hacker, Aiden Pearce |
FILMS
2014 films are beginning to show potential this year, as we see the return of sequels and remakes. One big trailer that has been circling the internet, is the new 'Godzilla' movie. Judging by what I've seen in the trailers, it is set to be an absolute thriller of a movie. Let's just hope that it's better than the last one.
A number of sequels will also be making their way onto the silver screen in 2014. Sequels such as; 'The Amazing Spiderman 2', 'The Hunger Games, Mockingjay: Part 1', 'How to Train Your Dragon 2' and 'The Hobbit: There and Back Again' just to name a few. These sequels I believe show great potential, and have the power to great a big stir at the cinemas, for all the right reasons. Of course, there are some sequels that I believe may be a bit dismal. 'Transformers 4' I'm looking at you.
![]() |
| He's web-slinging his way back onto the silver screens. Welcome back, Spidey |
Well, that is what we can expect to see in 2014. Hopefully everything goes according to plan, and nothing gets pushed back till 2015. But I'm not worrying about that. I'm just looking forward to experiencing all the good times that it will offer. Never dwell upon the negatives. What with all the content that 2014 has to offer us this year, there won't be any time for the negatives. It will have been taken up by all the positives.
I hope you enjoyed my post about what to expect in 2014. Stay tuned for more awesome posts in the next couple of days or weeks. In the meantime, have a great day, stay safe and take care.
Davo. Out



No comments:
Post a Comment