Hey all,
Hope you have had an awesome weekend. And might I add, it has been nice and sunny today. Such a lovely day to stay inside, and play video games and watch TV. With the blinds and windows open of course. Now, a little history. I am a big fan of Nintendo, and currently own a Nintendo 3DS. I actually purchased it on the day it came out, only because I wanted to play 'The Legend of Zelda: Ocarina of Time 3D' of course. So with that in mind, today's post will be a little review on a Nintendo 3DS game called, HarmoKnight.
HarmoKnight is a little game created by the good folks at GameFreak, the same people who created the awesome franchise, Pokemon. HarmoKnight follows the adventures of the lead protagonist, Tempo, as he travels across the land, known as Melodia, attempting to vanquish the evil that has been created by the evil Noizoids. Along the way, he is accompanied by his pals, Tappy (a rabbit), Lyra (a heroine with a bow (which is in the shape of a harp), Tyko and Cymbal (a hulking man with a drum and a monkey with cymbals, respectively) and Woodwin (Tempo's master).
As you may have noticed by all the little subtleties above, the main focus of the game, is all to do with rhythm. More specifically, musical rhythm. The game only functions with two buttons, one to make Tempo jump, and the other to attack. In order to truly succeed at the game, you must first learn the beat of the background music, and then mimic it with the said buttons. And might I add, this is such a wonderful and unique addition to modern gaming. The music is quite literally toe-tappingly fun. My legs and head were moving in the rhythm of music it was that addictive. Of course, there is always that brief frustration moment, especially when it becomes exceedingly difficult, and it's impossible to land a hit on an enemy, cos the beat is either going too fast, or too hard.
As mentioned above, the music within HarmoKnight is amazingly composed. It is catchy, captures the mood and setting of each location. I've actually repeated some levels, just so I could listen to the music again. The graphics and imagery to accompany the music is exceedingly amazing as well. With the addition of adding the 3-D feel to it, they are colourful, beautiful and cute all at the same time. It's also an added benefit when you notice little cameos in the background, whether it's in the form of a music instrument, or a character from Pokemon.
HarmoKnight is definitely a must buy if you own a Nintendo 3DS. The setting, graphics are just beautifully adorable. And the music. Oh wow, the music. It is unbelievably catchy, and memorable. I give HarmoKnight a 9/10. If there had been more references to the game Pokemon, then I would've given it a higher ranking. HarmoKnight is available on the Nintendo 3DS eShop for purchase right now, so go and check it out.
I hope you have enjoyed my little review on HarmoKnight, and hope you stay tuned for more reviews to come. Will be doing a movie review very soon, once I figure out which movie to see of course, and when I'll get the money for it. =)
David. Out
No comments:
Post a Comment