Well, the weekend is over, unfortunately. And once again, the dreaded Monday has loomed down upon us. But let's not dwell on that matter. Instead, let's take the time to reminisce about the weekend that has just gone. More importantly, the number of shows that premiered during this period. Shows such as; 'Million Dollar Minute', 'The Neighbors', 'Modern Family' and 'Elementary' to name a few. And also, the amazing win by Hawthorne Hawks in the AFL Grand Final. Had a hunch they'd win. But I digress. What I'd like to talk about is these new shows. Some that were downright awful (*cough* 'The Neighbors' *cough*). Some that were, confusing (*cough* 'Million Dollar Minute' *cough*). And some that were plain exceptional. 'Modern Family'. So, without further ado, here's my review/opinion on the new season premiere of 'Modern Family'.
Last night, on channel Southern Cross Ten, 'Modern Family' debuted it's 5th season. And might I add, I was pleasantly surprised and pleased at the same time. What I love about 'Modern Family' is the episode's plot lines. This show is able to configure multiple plot lines, and able to maintain them, to be consistent all the way through the episode. Occasionally, these plot lines are bound to meet up near the end for one conclusive and dramatic finish. On some occasions, though, they merely end up finishing by themselves, leaving the episode to finish on one of these plots.
*SPOILERS ALERT*
The season 5 premiere of 'Modern Family' was nothing to be shunned at. It began with a major plot regarding the two characters, Cam and Mitchell (played by Eric Stonestreet and Jesse Tyler Ferguson, respectively) as they found out that gay marriage had been legalized, and each one tried to come up with a way in order to surprise propose to the other. Yeah, in the end, they both proposed to each other, in an unexpected situation. I feel that this story line, is going to become the main focus throughout this entire season, as it will be very ground-breaking in the way of 'Modern Family' history, and the writers will want to make sure that they play it out as much as possible, ensuring that they keep the viewers hooked. Possibly building it up for a big finish at the season finale. But, who knows. I could be right. I could be wrong. We'll just have to wait and see.
*SPOILERS END*
Season 5 premiere of 'Modern Family' was, in a nutshell, beautiful. There were moments that made me laugh, and then there were moments that made me say 'aww'. Needless to say, the amazing writing skills, and the superb acting that was performed by all the cast (Ty Burrell (Phil) and Eric Stonestreet are my favourite). Overall, I give it a 7.5/10. While it may be in it's 5th season, it is still coming out with fresh new ideas. While not as good as it's previous seasons, this episode truly was a good start to a new season, and am eager to see how it will turn out.
Righty oh then. Hope you have all enjoyed my latest review. Another Television series one, how about that. Don't hesitate to tell your friends, or strangers on the street about my blog, and I hope you stay tuned for more reviews and posts yet to come. Specifically, this Friday's. Mwahaha
David. Out.
No comments:
Post a Comment