Well, the countdown is almost over. Only 2 more sleeps to go before Christmas. And with that scary, looming pressure coming down upon us, I hope you have all finished your Christmas shopping by now. If not, then you better get a wriggle on, before the last minute shopping rush arrives. However, if you STILL don't know what to get someone, that's fine, for I am here to help. Just another question though. Is that someone a fan of fantasy? More specifically, are they a fan of 'Game of Thrones'?
If you haven't heard of it, 'Game of Thrones' is currently HBO's newest hit series, chronicling the epic battle amongst the warring houses that occupy the fictional region, Westeros. Each warring house are all after the same goal, the Iron Throne, a throne that is literally made out of swords. A truly amazing TV series, 'Game of Thrones' has been on air since it premiered in mid-2011. Having finished season 3 about halfway through 2013, there is now an unbelievably LONG wait for season 4. Anyway, back to the subject at hand, 'Game of Thrones' is loosely based on a book series, created by the amazingly talented, George R.R. Martin, called 'A Song of Ice and Fire'.
![]() |
| The amazing book series. Thank you so very much George R.R. Martin |
Now, I don't normally talk about books (as this blog is primarily focused on Television, Film and Video Games), but I am going to make an exception. I personally own most of the books (still lacking 'A Feast for Crows' and 'A Dance with Dragons 2') and I must say, that they are joy to read. George's writing style is truly amazing and astounding. The books have everything a true fantasy lover could want. From action, to magic. Love, to hate. The characters that you love. And then the characters that you absolutely loathe. It is certainly a series that I highly recommend to anyone who enjoys a good read, has a love for fantasy (as stated numerous times already) or enjoys the 'Game of Thrones' series.
![]() |
| The amazing book series, all packed in one collectors edition. No more purchasing one book at a time |
If you would like to purchase this book, it is currently available at your local bookstores or department store. I do know that they have a complete edition within some bookstores. Unfortunately, I do not know the exact amount it is, however I think it might be about $100 or so. Not sure. Well then, I hope you enjoyed my blog post about another awesome Christmas present to consider buying. I hope it was very helpful to you. Stay tuned for more great gift ideas. In the meantime, have a great day and take care.
Davo. Out


No comments:
Post a Comment